About This Site
I couldn’t find a COVID-19 data visualization that showed Canadian stats over time in a simple,
snappy way, so I built this. It uses D3.js, and is updated frequently each day.
Please send suggestions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mar. 27: Added “Last 20 Days” option.
- Mar. 26: New logo, plus a few fixes.
- Mar. 25: Now showing active cases.
- Mar. 24: Improved keyboard accessibility.
- Mar. 23: New data graphed as dotted line.
- Mar. 22: Added logarithmic scale.
Recent data is compiled from official
federal and provincial sources,
The Globe and Mail.
Data older than Feb. 23 is from Johns Hopkins.
The map shows statistics for each province (the circles don’t indicate exact locations). More precise location data
isn’t readily available for Canada. Repatriated travellers include those returning from cruise ships.
The dotted line on the graph indicates today’s data, which may not be final.
A few things I’ve found useful while working on this:
Coronavirus by Region